Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blink...

I know I am probly the very last person to read Blink by Malcom Gladwell, well I have finished and I loved it.  I have summarized it elsewhere, but would like to share the concluding thoughts for me here:


Sigmund Freud – “when making a decision of minor importance, I have always found it advantageous to consider all the pros and cons.  In vital matters, however, such as the choice of a mate or a profession, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves.  In the important decisions of personal life, we should be governed, I think, by the deep inner needs of our nature.”

This feels like such a backwards way of doing things, put lots of time and thought into simple things and none into really important things...  crazy.  But what Gladwell is trying to say is that our unconscious mind has the ability to make really good snap judgments and decisions for us.  That listening to our gut, our heart our emotion is often the best decision we can make.  

Blink is an awesome read, high concepts, I recommend it full heartedly!

enjoy
cd

No comments:

Post a Comment