Thursday, March 10, 2011

Walmart saving the world?

http://adage.com/article/news/move-government-walmart-s-regulator-town/149251/

I don't know how I feel about Walmart leading this charge?  Community development? In the High Cost of Low Prices documentary they talk about what a $hat hole the founders of Walmarts home town is and how they don't give back a penny.  Also I have heard numerous economic studies explaining that Walmart's low prices and driving out family business actually ends up costing everyone in the community more in the long run to live... very ironic.  


Like I said I am not sure how I feel about it, can Walmart really gain credibility as leading the environmental charge in the Western World?  I wonder about credibility...  


I do love that nutrition is mentioned and Michelle Obama - yeah!  Maybe Walmart really is turning a corner here...

No comments:

Post a Comment